I posted all of the photos on that site that don't include the full extent of my two girls shenanigans, but for fun I thought I would post all of the outtakes here!
Spontaneous hugs and floating fists often make an appearance in my pictures!
Sewing details for those interested:
- The black dress is McCalls 7348 made in a gorgeous black rayon/nylon/spandex blend from Fabric Mart.
- The changes I made to 7348 include narrowing the skirt portion of the dress so that it would fit on two yards of fabric. I ended up removing 7 inches of circumference from the bottom edge of the pattern.
- I didn't hem the sleeves or hemline.
- I shortened the neckline binding pattern piece by about an inch.
- Used size 10.
- McCalls 6886 in a cotton/spandex blend from Fabric Mart, soft and so breathable. BTW this fabric is on sale on that site for just 4.00 a yard! Here's the link.
- Graded pattern from 10 at bust, 12 at waist to 14 at fullest part of my hips.
- Shortened neckline binding a bit, had to "draft" my own since this is not an included pattern piece.
- Miscut the sleeves therefore stripes don't line up but I'm ok with it since the pattern is so busy.
- Did not hem the sleeves but hemmed the bottom hem.