Monday, January 13, 2014

Plans for Kids Clothes Week

Welcome to our new blog!  I'm not really sure how to kick it off so the best thing seems to be to just GO!  So...here...we...go! 

I'm planning on sewing for both of my girls for Kids Clothes Week.  Heres a loose idea of what I might accomplish!!

For the 5-year-old
  • Downton Duffle Coat- I plan on using the Downton Duffle Coat from Peekaboo Pattern shop. I've got the pattern already traced and cut out so I feel a little beholden to it! The fabric I have planned is very similar to this Boden coat on ebay.  Since most clothes have to be in the gender specific colors of pink and purple to be worn without complaint I just roll with it and try to release my preference for other color combos!  (Note to others out there- sew the stuff you like for your kids before they develop their own opinions!)  



  • A new pair of slippers using a pattern from the blog "From an Igloo."  I would include a link but the blog seems to be private now.  The slippers only came in a size 2 and 4 so I will grade them up a size. 
For the 18-month-old

  • A new dress for church.  Nothing too complicated, I have some Alexander Henry fabric that has been languishing in my stash for over a year.  It is way too cute to just sit there.  I'll use view A without that strange X design.  I'm trying to decide if the peter pan collar should be a contrasting fabric, leaning toward just using the same as the body. 

I'm trying not to over commit myself for Kids Clothing Week but its tempting to over plan. So what plans do you have for Kids Clothing Week?  What things are on your primary list and what are on your secondary list? 

No comments:

Post a Comment