Monday, June 16, 2014

Washi Dress

So I know that I am really late to the Washi Dress party-- but better late than never, right?  I've actually owned this pattern since last October, and it only took me a good eight months or so to get around to making it.  I don't know if I have much to add to what's already been written about it, but hopefully it will be of some use to someone who is considering the pattern.  So here it goes:




 Overall, this is a very simple dress: no buttons, no zippers, nada.  I used a lawn cotton from Joanns, and while the drape is lovely, it is also a little see-through for a dress-- so to make things easy (haha) I decided to do a full lining on the dress.  Which, like any good sewing project, turned out to be more complicated than I anticipated.  Using the directions from the expansion pack, view C, I hemmed and hawed and hacked my way through the full lining.  And the results are decent, and the parts that are not so decent are at least hidden. 





There is always a fear with an empire waist that it looks too maternity-ish, but I think the belt really helps decrease any mid-section poofing.  Overall, it's a great dress, one that can be worn casually or dressed up a little, and I'm glad it's part of my summer wardrobe!

No comments:

Post a Comment