Sunday, July 15, 2018

Vogue 1027



 This dress is thanks to a very generous Pattern Review member, mudcat, who graciously gifted me with this pattern, no strings attached!  How kind is that!?  Its a DKNY design that has been out of print for a while and when mudcat offered up I jumped at the chance.  It has so many features that I love, first of all, its a mock wrap.  I love a wrap dress but a mock wrap dress, even better!  Secondly the bodice fits amazingly well to have no darts.  I am not sure if you can tell just how great it fits at first glance.  There's no sleeve and only pleats shaping the underbust, and the whole piece just acts wonderfully as a whole, giving the illusion of a slight sleeve and fitting under the arm perfectly- no gaping- and just fantastic drafting thats all I can say!  Third, pockets of course.

I am a little less endeared to the skirt length and tie.  I am just not sure at all about the length of this skirt and I looked over all the photos on line of others who made it and I absolutely can't decide if its frumpy or what.  I left  mine completely unhemmed out of laziness and don't think I want to chop it off short, since I wanted to stay as close as possible to the original design my first time using the pattern. The ties are incorporated into the waist and its a good design I am just more inclined to like a tie to the side and not to the front.  My belly can pooch a bit and I don't like things hanging off of it, but all of that is really minor.

I'm pretty sure I'm saying "girls get out of that brush there might be ticks!"or some other sort of parental instruction.

One variation in construction, the instructions would have you create a channel for elastic at the waist from the seam allowances.  I however, couldn't see the advantage of that method so I serged mine to the waist when sewing that seam- worked great.


 The fabric is from FabricMart and purchase at least a year ago.  Its ITY and while some may turn their nose up at polyester (I've been completely guilty of doing just that! Ha!), I love it for our sweltering summers in the south because it washes so well, never fading and can take all the sweat you throw at it.  In these photos I'm in Mexico Beach Florida where we took our girls for our 15 year wedding anniversary.  And it.was.hot.  I never worry about ruining an ITY garment with excess perspiration.  Also ITY is light weight and packs great for trips, no wrinkling. 


On a side note, you can't see it in these photos because its directly behind me but theres a blue heron hunting in the creek.  Such a majestic bird that instills me with complete awe every time.  I see them often near my home but it was such a treat to see this one with that gorgeous gulf background.

Thanks for reading and happy sewing!
Elizabeth

5 comments:

  1. I don’t think I’ve seen you wear this in person. It really is pretty on you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How long have you been single? Don’t remember? Well, it’s time to forget about stuff like that since Internet technologies are here to improve our life in all aspects. Then why not meet a significant other on an online dating platform. Very cool because you don’t have to pay for a date, buy expensive clothes and accessories to impress a potential partner. Date from home, as long as you want, and choose from such number of amazing women you never saw. visit site

    ReplyDelete
  3. After being in relationship with Wilson for seven years,he broke up with me, I did everything possible to bring him back but all was in vain, I wanted him back so much because of the love I have for him, I begged him with everything, I made promises but he refused. I explained my problem to someone online and she suggested that I should contact a spell caster that could help me cast a spell to bring him back but I am the type that don’t believed in spell, I had no choice than to try it, I meant a spell caster called Dr Zuma zuk and I email him, and he told me there was no problem that everything will be okay before three days, that my ex will return to me before three days, he cast the spell and surprisingly in the second day, it was around 4pm. My ex called me, I was so surprised, I answered the call and all he said was that he was so sorry for everything that happened, that he wanted me to return to him, that he loves me so much. I was so happy and went to him, that was how we started living together happily again. Since then, I have made promise that anybody I know that have a relationship problem, I would be of help to such person by referring him or her to the only real and powerful spell caster who helped me with my own problem and who is different from all the fake ones out there. Anybody could need the help of the spell caster, his email: spiritualherbalisthealing@gmail.com or WhatsApp him +15068001647 you can email him if you need his assistance in your relationship or anything. CONTACT HIM NOW FOR SOLUTION TO ALL YOUR PROBLEMS

    ReplyDelete
  4. Heya i am for the first time here. I came across this board and I find It truly useful & it helped me out much. I hope to give something back and aid others like you aided me. mermaid wedding dress

    ReplyDelete