Saturday, May 10, 2014

Peach Parisian Top

After months of waiting, and setbacks, and having our hopes dashed over and over again, it's finally happened:  spring is here!  And that means spring sewing, especially tops.

A few months ago I bought Pattern Anthology's Just Add Jeans collection with the intention of having a closet full of tops ready for spring.   We'll just say that it's still a work in progress.  But I did want to share one of the finished products with you today:  the Parisia3n Top.

The Parisian Top is the contribution of Go To Patterns to the Pattern Anthology.  It's a simple scoop-neck tee with a Peter Pan collar and 3/4 length sleeves.  But despite its simplicity, it produces lovely results: a top that is perfect for spring, fits perfectly, and has a timeless look.



This particular top is made from a peach-colored eyelet knit that I bought at a thrift store (if you haven't noticed, I love using thrifted and recycled fabric for projects:  it's cheap and sustainable!)  I think I bought three yards for $1.  Can't beat the price!

The collar is made from vintage fabric, I'm guessing from the 60's?  The peaches and pinks and browns compliment the peach eyelet nicely .


And finally, it pairs perfectly with shorts for the warmer spring days!


This top fits well, I think next time I'll use a knit with a little more stretch for a slightly better fit, but I love the way this one turned out!

1 comment:

  1. This is so cute. I love the fabrics. They go so well together and it's great that you were able to refashion! I particularly love the Peter Pan collar. It just looks so perfect with the vintage fabric!

    ReplyDelete