Friday, February 28, 2014

Ode to the Macaron Dress

A few weeks ago I decided that Colette Patterns Macaron Dress was the One True Dress for me.  I dreamed about it. I gushed about it to my friends and family-- it was stylish, classy, and I was sure it would be a perfect fit.  It would flatter me (and who doesn't like a little flattery?).   I had to have it.

And so I bought the pattern, and made the dress....and it was true love.  Or something like that. 

Really, though, I do like this pattern.  A lot.  Although I had previously spent too much time admiring Colette's patterns online, this was the first one I had ever purchased.  Their patterns have such a tailored, stylish look that I think they always came across as a little intimidating.  And while this was was certainly time-consuming, it wasn't all that difficult.  I even installed my first invisible zipper (without an invisible-zipper foot), to much success.  So let me introduce you:



 Flattering, a good fit, and the best part....


It has pockets!

I would rate this as an intermediate pattern.  Not too difficult, but due to lots of darts, pleats, and pieces it does take some time to put together.  It could probably use a little bit of alteration for me to achieve a perfect fit, but I can live with this for now.  Both the main and the contrasting fabrics are linen from Joann's, and it creates a nice drape and comfortable feel.



Now if it would just get warm enough to actually wear it outside!  


2 comments:

  1. So Cute on YOU! I love it and it goes great with your boots! I think you can wear it in the 10 inches of snow y'all just got! Great job I can see more of these in your future friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute! I haven't bought any of their patterns yet, but I love the yoke detail on this one.

    ReplyDelete