Sunday, April 27, 2014

Mommy and Me Dresses

I'm not normally into the Mommy and Me dress styles.  But back in February, after I made my Macaron dress, I had enough fabric left over to make a dress for my daughter.  And the Maggie Mae tunic/dress by Shwin Designs seemed to be the perfect companion dress. 

Like the Macaron, the Maggie Mae has a contrasting yoke with a rounded top edge, and with the addition of a belt-- voila-!-- a perfect pair of matching dresses.



 I made a 4T for my daughter, which turned out to be a little big around the neckline, but someday she'll grow into it! I also added a fabric flower on her sash.  I need to add some belt loops to help keep the sash up, but I'm sure that will end up at the bottom of my list of things to do! 

And finally, one more photo, I asked her what she wanted to do for the picture, and she said "Jump". So here we are jumping!


5 comments:

  1. SO pretty... Love the matching dresses..And your daughter is adorable.
    Happy sewing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are lovely the colours are just wonderful together :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely pair of ladies dresses. I enjoyed the Mommy and Me look, so cute.. The colors are fabulous together.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love mommy-daughter looks! I think you picked the perfect dress to match with yours. You two look so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete